Monday, November 23, 2015

Siracusa #sicilysisterweekend2015

I am honestly super distracted right now, but I am grateful for all of
your emails and love! This week was also really great. A lot of
bidones but also a lot of miracles. We had a bidone one night, so we
planned to stop by another woman's house instead, just to see how she
was doing and leave her with a spiritual thought. When we were walking
to the woman's house I had this feeling like we should go to down to
this one street and see if one of our investigators was there. We are
teaching this Romanian family but they don't have a phone, so when
they stood us up earlier in the week we were kind of worried if that
meant we'd never see them again. So when I had that thought to
specifically go down to this street and see if he was there, we were
kind of like..."well that's kind of far fetched" but we had been
praying for their family and so it really couldn't hurt to try. We
went down, and when we looked down the street we saw this guy sitting
on a bench and we were both thinking, "no way! This is too good to be
true." But we walked up to him, and it was him! It was the dad of the
Romanian family. It was awesome. Turns out their little boy is sick
and so they weren't able to come to the last appointment. We set up a
time to meet again. Their family is just a little miracle.

This week we had zone conference on Friday, so we headed up to
Catania, then Sorella Battezzato and I went to Siracusa to do our
scambio. THERES SO MUCH TO SAY  and I'm just going to do bullet points

1. My first scambio at Siracusa Sorella Fransend was my companion
2. Stake conference (the whole island of Sicily is a stake but the
split it up and do like a mass skype from Palermo and Siracusa)
3. I went to a baptism on Friday night, it was soooo incredibly
beautiful and there was tons of cannoli
4. Somebody asked me if I was Italian at the baptism because I spoke
well (yesssss) luckily I got away fast enough before he could find out
how bad I am lol
5. Today we are doing a pday at Siracusa with all the Sorelle in our
zone. I'm pretty sure they send the realest Sorelle to the Catania
zone because they are all instant friends, and we did a mass comp
study/testimony meeting this morning and it was amazing. I love these
girls.
6. This week I learned a lot about weaknesses and imperfections, and
how perfectly okay it is to have them. I sometimes get really focused
on everything and don't take a moment to just let the Lord take over.
Right now all the Christmas decorations are up and for the first time,
homesicknesses actually hit! (Also I hit my 3 month mark this past
week). Like I literally love my family sooooo much they don't even
know. We could all be sitting together, doing absolutely nothing
productive, but for some reason I'm always really happy. Just being in
their presence when everyone is there and in a good mood, is my most
favorite thing in the world. That night the homesickness hit, I prayed
really hard because it was a long day and I felt really weak. I just
asked for the strength, and I can't even describe the feeling I felt,
it felt like I was home again. The next morning, I was reading the
Book of Mormon and I came across the verse in Ether 12:27 and it says
27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I
give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is
sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they
humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make
weak things become strong unto them.

It's absolutely true and I feel even stronger than I was before! I
know why I'm out here, and yes I love my family, but I owe this time
to the Lord. I know that the gospel has blessed my family in many ways
and I want to share this goodness with others.

Non c'รจ abbastanza tempo, mi dispiace. Ciao!

Sorella Holiday

In Siracusa

After Stake Conference with all the sorelle

Anziani got fancy

Iolanda in our ward received her mission call this week. She is going to the Leeds England mission. The young man in the picture just got home from his mission.

2 comments:

  1. You are a gem, Sorella Holiday! Sorella Battezzato couldn't have a better "figlia" on the mission field! You are a blessing and an inspiration <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. "When everyone is in a good mood" ha <3

    ReplyDelete